Guitar Jam Tracks: Scale Buddy
Join our growing family of 250,000+ users worldwide! This award-winning app includes five essential styles for mastering your guitar: Rock, Acoustic Blues, Humbucker Blues, Jazz, Reggae.
MAKES LEARNING GUITAR FUN
Practice jamming, learning the Pentatonic scale and soloing to 5 great sounding jam tracks right from your Android device! Our easy-to-read scale charts show you exactly where to put your fingers to start sounding like a pro. See for yourself why thousands of guitarists love our jam track apps!
NINEBUZZ AWARDS AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Guitar World - Top 15 Guitar Apps
- Gizmodo - Best Apps of the Week
- IK Multimedia (Makers of Amplitube/iKlip) - App of the Week
- Premier Guitar - Pocket Power Tools
- Apple - Featured - What's Hot
- AppAdvice - "You'll be anxious to practice your chords and scales"
- iPhoneAppCafe - Top 5 Apps for Guitarists
- A Major / A Minor
- B Major / B Minor
- C Major / C Minor
- D Major / D Minor
- E Major / E Minor
- F Major / F Minor
- G Major / G Minor
- Acoustic Blues
- Humbucker Blues
- Major Pentatonic
- Minor Pentatonic
- Pick a key to start playing the track.
- Tap 'Chords' to see what chords are being played (rhythm)
- Tap 'Scales' to see the scale charts for that key (lead)
Learn the chord progression for each track, and then jump over to practicing scales. Guess what? There are only 5 'shapes' of the pentatonic scale to memorize! Once you know them up and down, learn where they start for each key. Soon, you'll be able to solo like a pro. Gain more versatility by playing in different modes (major/minor/blues major/blues minor) too.
WHAT IS THE PENTATONIC SCALE?
It simply means 5-note scale. It is widely used in virtually every style of music, and is one of the most important scales a guitarist can learn. There are 5 shapes, or finger patterns, to memorize. These never change; only the starting position changes for each key. Once you learn one key, the rest will come easy!
TIPS FOR THE SCALE CHARTS:
- Black dots are regular notes.
- Red dots are 'root notes'. These are notes of the key you are in.
- Blue dots are 'passing notes'. Including these notes puts you in a Blues mode.
PRACTICE SCALES WITH EASE
Major and Minor Pentatonic scale charts are included for every key. We show you where to put your fingers - just start playing a track, load up the scales and go! You're instantly jamming with the band.
FOR RHYTHM AND LEAD PLAYERS
Every track has a listing of chords that are used in the track, along with scale charts - practice rhythm or lead with ease!
A GREAT INVESTMENT
You will get hours and hours of use out of this little app. Practicing guitar shouldn't be boring - download this app today and make practice fun!
IT'S SO EASY TO USE
We created the simplest, fastest and most enjoyable way to practice guitar on a mobile device. Just tap a key and hit play!
Practicing your scales is the best way to get comfortable with the fretboard. Once your learn the 5 different shapes of the pentatonic scale in every key, you'll be able to play along and solo to nearly any song!
What's in this version : (Updated : May 30, 2013)
- Left-handed scales!
- New in-app store!
- New scale! Major (Ionian) / Minor (Aeolian) added to Rock track.
- Style Randomizer free with Facebook like (see More tab)
- Fixed bug with expansion pack download. Since the main expansion pack is large (250mb) we now break it apart into 5 separate parts, so the downloads should no longer fail.
- Fixed bug where Chords Used wouldn't show up for some users after purchasing Garage Rock in-app.